The result of the clarification depends on the correct preparation of the hair. Before you bleach your hair with peroxide, you need to make it look healthy.
Dry hair can not be washed for 2-3 days, for oily hair can be limited to daily preparation. During this time, the hair shaft will be covered with a thin layer of natural fat, which will protect it from the negative effects of dye. In this case, you need not to bend the stick: if there is excess fat on the strands, the hair may dye unevenly.
We’re running a test.
Before clarification, 2 tests should be carried out: the first one – for the absence of allergies, and the second – for the concentration of the solution:
- The cotton pad should be wetted and applied to the skin behind the ear: if there is no burning, redness or rash within half an hour, you can start the procedure.
- To determine the percentage of concentration, choose a strand on the back of the head or from the lower hair layers – the main thing is that the test curl is not visible if the result is unsatisfactory. Use a sponge to apply hydrogen peroxide to the hair and leave it for the time required. When it’s over, evaluate the result – if you like it, start whitening.
What you need for the procedure
To make your hair lighter, you need to prepare it:
- Peroxide of the desired concentration.
- Bowl or bowl. It should not be metallic.
- Fat cream.
- Cotton discs.
- Bottle with sprayer.
- Thin handle combing for strand separation.
- Hair clips.
- Rubber cap with holes (if you plan to lighten individual strands).
Prepare the mixture immediately before use, as the peroxide oxidizes quickly and its effect disappears.
Option number one:
The simplest option is to dilute the hydrogen peroxide with water in a ratio of 1:1.
- 40 ml of peroxide.
- 30 ml of water.
- 1 p.l. of bicarbonate ammonium.
- 20 ml of liquid soap.
Dual carbon dioxide ammonium accelerates clarification and reveals the scales of the hair cuticle for the quickest penetration of the mixture into the hair shaft.
You can prepare a solution of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia at the rate of 1 drop of ammonia per 10 ml of peroxide – do not take more, as ammonia can give the hair a redhead.
- Apply oily cream to the hairline to protect the skin from peroxide.
- If you use a sprayer, fill it with prepared formula. If using sponges, mix the components in a bowl.
- Shedd the hair out of the sprayer liberally or separate the strands with a comb and wipe each strand with a sponge (non-working curls can be stabbed with hairdressing clips). Treat the entire head.
- Leave the product for the right time, depending on the type of hair and shade desired.
- If you want to speed up the clarification process, you can wrap your head in a towel and warm it up with a hairdryer.
- Then you should rinse off the hydrogen peroxide with warm (not hot) water and shampoo. You can rinse your hair with acidified water (lemon or vinegar).
- Dry the head naturally.
- If you want to do the melting, you will need a bathing cap with holes. Pull the strands through them and spray them out of the sprayer or with a sponge.
- If you plan on dyeing omber, apply peroxide to the ends of your hair, creating a gentle transition to the roots.
- If the colour does not seem bright enough, reapply the compound. However, for a more gentle treatment of peroxide it is recommended to apply it not 2-3 times in one day, but daily for a short period of time during the week.
- To get a light effect of sunburned strands. It is necessary to splash a comb or comb with hydrogen peroxide and comb for a long time, after which to dry the hair dryer. This procedure should be carried out for several days in a row, as clarification is slow.
- Do not wash your hair every day, as this will cause the hair to dry up even more.
- Do not use your hair dryer or flattener as often as you like.
- Do not squeeze the curls after washing.
- Make nutrient masks.
- Use a quality conditioner.
If you want to change something in your own appearance, but do not dare to make radical changes, you can use the folk method of hair clarification.
Leave a Reply