Actresses, singers and other it-girls have long loved big wave hair styling – the so-called Hollywood curls. Do you want to learn how to do this hairstyle yourself? Then take my advice on how to create it.
Hollywood curls are different from other lush styling methods in that the waves are not located along the entire length of the hairline, but approximately starting from the ear line. At the same time, small curls or curls do not fit perfectly. The curls don’t usually last very long: on the second day after the solemn event, your hair will still have traces of waves, but barely noticeable.
Long hairstyles are in harmony with a soft, large wave, while medium hairstyles use smaller-diameter flats and irons with a smaller plate area.
The only exception: this styling is not suitable for very short hairstyles such as garçon, sessoon, bean and pavement.
It’s best to create stylish Hollywood curls on straight strands of the same length. Owners of herringbone hair should straighten the naughty curls with a hair dryer before laying. Wavy hair owners do not have to straighten their hair – a light wave will not affect the result.
Create Hollywood curls at home
It is necessary to wash heads, apply thermal protection agent, as well as foam or mousse. It is recommended to use a hair shine product. And for additional volume it is possible to make a comb.
With the help of flat bars
You’re gonna need tools like this:
- Sealing (the most convenient way to use conical diameter from 19 to 25 mm).
- Thermal protection agent.
- Hairdressing clips or clips.
- Thin comb-comb.
- Apply a thermal protection agent.
- With the help of the comb, take the comb and extend it to the back of the head. Stab the strands of the non-working area with the clothespin at the top.
- It is best to start with the back of the head. To do this, separate a strand of approx. 3 cm wide from the working area. Stab the rest of your hair with a clothespin. To correctly separate the strand, place your index finger on the hair growth line and slide it slightly up towards the top of the head.
- Remove the hand with the strand clamped in it so that it is parallel to the floor. Make sure that it does not sag, but is not too tight. Hold the tip of the tip and use your fingers to scratch the strand.
- Place the strip by the pulled out strand so that the bottom edge of the strip points downwards. Wrap the curl around the face. Leave the tip loose. Make sure that the windings are not placed on top of each other, but in a chess pattern.
- Depending on the structure and condition of the hair, the time of its contact with the surface of the flats may vary. Normal healthy hair usually warms up in about 7 seconds.
- Carefully loosen the strand tension and gently pull the strip upwards.
- The finished curl should cool down, so do not touch or comb it.
- When the whole head has been treated, let it cool down. After that, gently brush them with your fingers or a comb with rare teeth. Apply lacquer to Hollywood curls, keeping the canister about 30 cm away.
Beautiful large curls with an iron
You’ll need to make Hollywood curls with an iron to make them:
- Thermal protection.
- Hairdressing clamps.
- Perform from the previous technology from 1 to 3 points inclusive.
- Place the strand at the roots between the ironing plates. Make sure that the spout of the device is directed upwards perpendicular to the floor.
- Rotate the iron around its axis and slide the appliance to the tip of the strand. The tip should run between the plates. Important: Do not twist the curls from the roots – just start from the eyebrow line.
- When you’ve processed all the hair, let the curls cool down. Then tilt your head slightly back and comb the strands with your fingers. At the end, spray the lacquer slightly.
How to make curls a diffuser?
- Place foam or mousse on damp hair.
- Slightly remember the hairline with your hands.
- Dry with a hair dryer with a diffuser nozzle, immersing it in the hairline and moving actively.
- Slightly spray with lacquer if desired.
When the diffuser is used, Hollywood curls are not as neat and elastic as when you create a flat or ironed hairstyle.
How to roll up large curls with a rollers
Hollywood waves are suitable for rollers from 4 cm in diameter. The wider the strand you twist, the smaller the diameter of the rollers you need.
- Divide your hair with a sample.
- Place a fixative on the hair.
- Separate the strands of the desired width and tighten them on the rollers. The curlers should be positioned backwards from the forehead.
- When the required time has elapsed, remove the rollers and let the hair cool down. Thermohudis (as well as electric ones) produce waves in 15-20 minutes, the usual time is about 2 hours.
- Scratch the hair with your fingers or a comb with rare teeth and spray the lacquer.
With brushing and clamps.
You’ll need barbershop clips, hair dryer and brushing (the diameter depends on the wave you plan to get).
- Place a little fixative on damp hair, brush from root to end, and dry slightly with a hair dryer.
- Get a separate strand, twist it around the brush and dry it. Then remove it from the brushing, shape it in a circle with your hands (as if you were wearing a roller coaster) and stab it with clips to “remember” the hair. Treat the whole head like this.
- Wait about 10 minutes before removing the clips and loosening them.
- Brush the curls with a flat brush.
- Spray the lacquer.
Wavy hair with the help of harnesses step by step
If you don’t have time for a long haul, a way to create Hollywood curls with the help of harnesses is a good idea. However, keep in mind that you won’t get your hair as neat as if you were using an iron or a flatbed.
- Wet hair should be treated with a locking agent and divided into strands, each one twisted into a bundle.
- Dry with a hairdryer, brush slightly and spray with lacquer.
- When using forceps, make sure that the appliance is positioned with the tip facing down, not up. This is not very convenient, but it allows you to get curls from the face. This technique is the hallmark of a professional salon.
- If Hollywood curls don’t come into contact with the surface of the flat or iron for a long time, your hair may fall off in a few hours.
- When you pull the strip out of the hot curl, do not pull it forwards or sideways – only upwards.
- When curling with an iron, make sure that the strand is in the center of the plates. It should be locked between them tightly enough, but not pinched.
Making beautiful curls that look like Hollywood actresses’ hairstyles isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Just follow the above tips and rules, believe in yourself and you’ll get there.